NAS & Associates – Trademarks & Patent Services Intellectual Property servicesProtect your brand ® in Dubai UAE. Free Trademark Search. Experienced attorneys. ™ Trademark Registration Dubai .UAE. Trademark Registration Agent in Dubai .
WHAT IS THE COST OF TRADE MARK REGISTRATION IN DUBAI UAE ?
What is the cost of trade mark Registration in UAE?
The trade mark or intellectual property rights are considered as the integral part of any organization when it comes as a matter of dignity. Danburite provides comprehensive legal solution to get your trade mark registered in UAE or worldwide. We have got a large network to support or trade mark related needs for our clients across the globe.
The cost of break down of Trade mark registration in UAE
1)-Trademark search –AED-503/-
2)-Legal Translation of the meaning of the logo
and other documents in Arabic per page –AED 70/-
3)-Filing trademark application –AED 1003/-
4)-Publication in the official gazette-AED 1003/-
5)-Publication in the two local newspapers AED 1200/-
6)-Registration fee AED 10003/-
Where to register the trade mark?
The trade mark is being registered in the respective ministry of economy and start with initial process of trade mark start with trade name search.
How long does the trade mark take to get registered?
The duration of trade mark registration may take up to 6 months or more depending on the availability, similar marks etc.
Can an individual do the registration?
A registered attorney is required to do the same. A company or an individual can do the trade mark registration.
UAE Trademark Registration Costs and Procedures (2017)
Step 1: Pre-filing Search
|(1) Pre-filing search is not compulsory in UAE.
(2) Pre-filing search is limited to Department of Industrial Property in the UAE’s database only.
(3) Pre-filing search report delivered in 15 working days by email.
Step 2: Trademark Registration Request
|(1) Fees covers both our service fees and official filing fees.
(2) Fees for trademark registration request listed above cover no more than 20 items of products or services in each class. Each item in excess of 20 will be charged with an extra fee of USD10.
(3) Multi-class application is not available.
Step 3: Final Registration/Certificate
(1) The fixed fees quoted above apply only to trademark applications which are
unopposed and proceed without complication.
(2) All fees quoted above do not include delivery fees.
2. Calculation of Registration Costs
Example 1: One mark one class
If you want to have your trademark “ABC” registered in Class 25 (clothing, footwear,
headgear), that is, one mark one class, the total fees for trademark pre-filing search,
registration request and certificate are:
Pre-filing search: USD350
Request for registration: USD2,005
Final registration/Certificate: USD3,400
Example 2: Two marks one class
If you want to have your trademarks “ABC” and “DEF” registered in Class 25 (clothing,
footwear, headgear), that is, two marks one class, the total fees for trademark pre-filing
searches, registration requests and certificates are:
Pre-filing searches: 350 + 350 = USD700
Request for registrations: 2,005 + 2,005 = USD4,010
Final registrations/Certificates: 3,400 + 3,400 = USD6,800
The costs illustrated in the examples above are based on the assumption of a smooth
application, that is, no objection being raised by Department of Industrial Property in the
UAE or any other third party. Also, the costs stated above exclude courier charges for
sending the Power of Attorney and delivery of Certificate of Registration upon acceptance
It is further assumed that the number of items of products included in each class is no
more than 20. Each additional item after the first 20 is charged at a fee of USD10.
Materials Required for Filing of Trademark Application in UAE
(1) A Power of Attorney (PoA) signed by the applicant, duly notarized and legalized by
qualified Lawyer and endorsed by the local UAE Consulate (Kaizen can arrange the
legalization and endorsement for your company in case your company is registered
in Hong Kong, China or Singapore).
(2) A duly completed trademark search/registration order form (to be provided by
(3) A soft copy of the trademark in JPEG format.
(4) A copy of identity proof of the applicant (passport for individuals and Business
Registration Certificate/Certificate of Incorporation for companies).
Protecting your brand is of the utmost importance, yet trademark registration can be onerous at best. Finding an advocate who is knowledgeable in the methodology necessary for trademark registration in Dubai will take hours of labour off your shoulders.
Farahatco provides the paperwork and the research that you need to allow you to register your trademark in Dubai with the least amount of worry and work on your part. Business setup in the UAE will take enough of your time. Get help with your trademark registration in Dubai from a skilled and experienced company with years of successful business setups behind them.
Attaining all of the background research that you need to ensure that your name is truly unique and may be legally registered is a lengthy and time consuming project. Let Farahatco provide you with the research and the paperwork that you need to ensure that your trademark is legally registered. Call today to find out about trademark registration in Dubai and many other services we have to offer to you and your new business in Dubai.
FAR-Farhat Office & Co since established in 1985 continue providing the best trademark registration services in Dubai and in the Middle East countries. We are a member of LEA GLOBAL, the 2nd second largest International firm Association.
We are a Regulated Trademarks Attorney
We can handle your trademarks registration in UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain and other Middle East Countries.
Objects can be registered as Trademarks
A trademark is a symbol, word, or words that are legally registered or established by use as representing a company or product. A trademark can be a name, word, signature, letter, figure, drawing, symbol, title, tax stamp, seal, image, inscription, advertisement, pack, or any other combination that is intended to be used for the same commercial purpose.
Validity of the Trademark Registration in the UAE
A trademark registration is valid for 10 years in the UAE, and the registration can be renewed for the same period.
Trademark Registration Requirements & Process
- An application for initial search must be submitted to the Trademarks Registration Office. Initial investigation will be conducted in order to see if trademark was registered before or not, if not:
- An application with all required documents including the image of the targeted Trademarks will be filed, and the fees must be paid.
- The Trademarks Registrar office will publish your application to register the trademark in 2 local newspapers.
- Any interested party may file a notice of opposition to the registered trademark within 30 days from the date of publication.
- The Registrar decision about the opposition may be appealed to at the ministry committee and the committee’s decision may be appealed to in the competent court.
- In case of no opposition is lodged within the time limit above, a trademark is registered and a certificate of registration is issued.
- Soft copy of your Trademarks image in black & white.
- Power of attorney appointing our firm to act and apply on your behalf.
- Copy of the applicant Certificate of Incorporation (for corporate applicants only).
- Copy of the applicant passport.
- Certificates of Trademark registration if registered in any other countries.
- Legal translation for the wording which might be included in your trademark. We require translation from your language of origin to English. The translation from English to Arabic will be handled by Farhat Office & Co. through a locally regulated legal translator in the UAE as Farhat Office & Co are not legal translators.
- The required fees.
|Example of – Cost and Professional Fees Applicable in the UAE for One Trademark Only in One Class Only||US$|
|Publication in UAE Gazette||275.00|
|Publication in 2 local newspapers||193.00|
|Final registration fees||2,732.00|
|Total Government Fees||3,726.00|
|Our Professional Fees (Lump Sum Amount)||1,366.00|
|Total Cost and Professional Fees||5,092.00|